ZAH Astronomers Convention 2018
Registration & Participants
Please register HERE and provide us additonal information to customize the convention according to your personel preferences. Registration is open until January 31, 2018.
A list of participants is provided HERE.
Date & Location
The Astronomers' Convention 2018 will take place at our physics building at Philosophenweg 12 on Thursday, February 22, 2018, starting at 9:00 s.t.
Outline of our Convention
At this convention you will gain a general overview of various current topics of astronomical research at ZAH/SFB881 and have the opportunity to get in touch with ideas, approaches, and scientific networks available in-house, which may be helpful for your own work. Keynote speakers will briefly present a concise summary of individual projects provided by colleagues participating in their particular session. The following sessions will be offered:
- Cosmology (Chair: Matteo Matturi; Keynote speakers: Sven Meyer, Felix Fabis, Robert Grand)
- Planets, stars, gas, and their interrelation though star formation (Chair: Markus Hundertmark; Keynote speakers: Bhaskar Agarwal, Sabine Reffert)
- Galaxies and the local universe (Chair: Sacha Hony; Kenote speakers: David Martiez-Delgado, Andreas Koch)
- The Milky Way (Chair: Hans-Günter Ludwig; Keynote speakers: Chiara Battistini, Bertrand Lemasle)
There will be extensive ample room for discussions after keynote presentation to foster collaborations or acquaintances between people.
This convention is organised by students and scientists from ZAH/SFB881 and will be partially funded by SFB 881.
Programme & Contributions
We have finalised the conference format and the current schedule can be downloaded HERE.
Concerning your contribution to the keynote slides, you can find an example slide HERE, further questions can be addressed to
- Martin Altmann for the session on galaxies and the local universe,
- Dimitrios Gouliermis for the session on Planets, stars, gas, and their interrelation though star formation,
- Jenny Wagner for the Cosmology Session,
- Steffi Yen for the Milky Way Session.
LOC and Contact
The organising commitee consists of Martin Altmann, Dimitrios Gouliermis, Guido Thimm, Jenny Wagner, Steffi Yen. In case of questions you can contact us by astrocon_at_uni-heidelberg.de.