Gaia Splinter Meeting in Kiel
Gaia - status, outlook and science products
This is the homepage of the Splinter Meeting held during the Herbsttagung der Astronomischen Gesellschaft 2015, September 14 - 18 September, 2015, in Kiel Germany.
The splinter meeting will be on Thursday, September 17, 2015, 3:00 pm-6:30 pm (coffee break 4:40-5:00 pm).
The idea of this splinter meeting is to provide up-to-date information about the status and plans of the Gaia mission.
In particular detailed information about the expected accuracy of the Gaia data and the coming data releases is provided.
At the moment the following talks are foreseen:
- 15:00-15:40: Gaia - Status and Data Releases, Stefan Jordan, Heidelberg
- 15:40-16:10: Visualisation of Gaia data, Toni Sagrista, Heidelberg
- 16:10-16:40: Gaia - Rave and the Gaia RVS, Matthias Steinmetz, Potsdam
- 16:40-17:00: Coffee Break
- 17:00-17:30: How to access the Gaia data, Gregory Mantelet and Hendrik Heinle, Heidelberg
- 17:30-17:45: Gaia - Questions and Answers, Stefan Jordan, Heidelberg
- 17:45-18:30: Practical exercise: Access to Gaia data, Gregory Mantelet and Hendrik Heinle, Heidelberg
Attention: The talk "Gaia - The Global Astrometric Solution" by Daniel Michalik, Lund, Sweden, had to be cancelled. The first General talk will therefore also provide information about the astrometric solution.
If you want to give an additional talk, please contact jordan(at)ari.uni-heidelberg.de.